Friday, January 18, 2008

Holdin' My Own

The last three days have been more or less 70% raw around here. Mostly because I am in need of a run to the store and partly because ... well, just because.

I've found that I like raw and find myself to be full on less amounts of food and am more aware of when I am just "eating to eat" and when I am truly hungry. So far, I haven't gained anything back but I haven't really lost any more either. Can't complain on that front, though.

I notice that I am picky about what non-raw food I eat though. I don't just want any ol' thing. And the stuff I do eat tastes faintly like cardboard. The flavor of raw fruits and veggies is so amazing now. I know... I know... I sound like one of "them" but it's true! I love how even bananas have a really good taste to me now. I think one of my favorite things in all the world right now is EVOO and lime juice (freshly squeezed) on my salad with just a hint of black pepper. Wow! Lime rocks!

But I've gone a wee bit overboard on citrus lately (grapefruits, lime, lemon, oranges, etc) and have a nice fever blister to show for it. Anyway, I digress ...

Here are a few more sites for you to peruse ...

  1. Love Raw Life
  2. Raw Food Talk -- the forum at www.alissacohen.com
  3. Health Freedom Resources -- some recipes here
  4. Green Smoothie Girl -- can't remember if I posted this or not
  5. Rawdorable - a blog -- check out the two posts on Raw Dough that she used as 'Trix' cereal
  6. Julie's Raw Ambition -- another blog
  7. Ann Wigemore Institute
  8. The Raw Table
  9. Pure Raw Cafe
  10. Wheeler's Vegan Ice Cream -- it ain't raw but sometimes you just need a little ice cream
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: